Thursday, October 20, 2011

Track 3 Revisited: "Drive" Drives A Fan To Epic Actions


A few weeks ago I talked about the movie drive and the feeling that I was the main character when I left the theater.  More recently in my first paper I talked about how the people on the screen have the power in the viewer/subject relationship.  Here is a interesting and kinda of funny story that supports my opinion that the subject has the power.  Recently Tiger Woods was playing in a tournament in California.  He was lining up a birdie putt on the 16th hole and as he was about to putt out a hot dog comes flying out of the gallery and lands on the green.  The man who threw the hot dog immediately laid down and waited to be arrested.  The only thing more bizarre than throwing hot dog onto the green was the throwers reasoning.  When he was asked the thrower said his reason for throwing it was that he had just seen the movie Drive and wanted to do something "Courageous and Epic." Now I don't know how epic throwing a hot dog at a golfer that is far from the top of his game at a tournament that wasn't even being televised is but I'm sure it will be something always remembered by Woods.
Here's an article from fox news describing the reasoning, and a video from deadspin of the actual incident.
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/10/12/california-man-explains-why-threw-hot-dog-at-tiger-woods/
http://deadspin.com/5848262/the-tiger-woods-hot-dog-assault-was-caught-on-tape

No comments:

Post a Comment